- Friday, 17/04/2015
The representatives of more than 30 metropolises of the world have already chosen to share new ways to Live the City between next May 18 and 21. Join us in Buenos Aires if you are interested in:
- Understanding the city of Buenos Aires, a unique metropolis, in an integrated and innovative perspective, getting to know its projects on the ground
- Celebrating the 30 years of METROPOLIS and welcoming our new Secretary-General
- Working on the synergies of the community of the world's greatest cities, both at political and technical levels
- Standing up for the role of cities in global urban development and contributing to the agenda of the Habitat III Summit in 2016
- Thursday, 16/04/2015
The Smart City Expo took place in Montreal from 25 to 27 March 2015. Bringing together experts, businesspeople, city representatives and other stakeholders, the event addressed the future of so-called “smart cities” from different perspectives such as mobility, sustainable energy, open data and resilient communities, among others.
- Wednesday, 15/04/2015
The tragic events that occurred in recent months in Paris, Brussels, Tunis, Ottawa, Saint-Jean, near Montréal, and Sydney, remind us that metropolises face important issues in terms of social inclusion, cohabitation, prevention and security.
Globalization, the evolution of communications, population mobility and the phenomenon of metropolisation force us to deal with new realities that have a direct impact on the way we manage our cities.
- Meeting of the Secretary-General of METROPOLIS, Alain Le Saux, with the Mayor of Santiago de Chile, Carolina ToháTuesday, 31/03/2015
On 24 March last, the Secretary-General of METROPOLIS, Alain Le Saux, met with the Mayor of Santiago de Chile, Carolina Tohá, in Barcelona.
The meeting took place in the Saló de la Ciutatat Barcelona City Council. Over the course of the meeting, the Secretary-General of METROPOLIS outlined the main lines of action currently being carried out by METROPOLIS to the mayor. This includes the organisation of the association’s annual meeting to be held in Buenos Aires from 18 to 21 May 2015. The Secretary-General extended an invitation to the mayor, placing particular emphasis on the “mayors’ round table”, which she is expected to attend.